Positions always become available at the end of the year, when each service sends off about one third of their children to big school and the remaining children progress up the ranks. Vacancies appear across the age ranges in December and January.
If you are looking for care outside this time, never fear, in Orange there is a high chance you will succeed. The sooner you get your name on our enrolment list, the better. We have babies yet to be born, already enrolled.
In the past 18 years every child on our waiting list by November has been given a position.
The 4 main events that create vacancies in childcare throughout the year are:
- Pregnancy, having another baby and taking maternity leave
- Moving town, with work or family commitments
- Ceasing employment
- Illness in the family
Positions can pop up at any time of year. Children on our waiting list whose families are serious about a place at The Willows, and have paid a deposit, are usually given a position within one month.
Contact us and enquire, or go to mychild.gov.au to check out what vacancies are available this week.
Because The Willows is a family owned service we are able to closely track which children will be on holidays and creating casual vacancies.
We offer these positions to families who:
- May be required by work to add the odd extra day
- Are expecting a baby any day and need care at short notice
- Have a parent or child suddenly hospitalised
- Have a dentist or doctors appointment (any appointment that would be tough on a child)
- Need to attend special assemblies and open days at older siblings schools
- Have elderly parents who need shopping or medical support
- Have some special birthday shopping they need to do without prying eyes
- Have some Christmas shopping to do
- Want to have coffee with a friend who has dropped in from out of town
- Are moving house
- Want to spring clean
- Just need a few minutes to themselves, to regain their sanity
Casual care can be charged on an hourly rate of $15 per hour, for which Child Care Benefit is not applicable, or a daily rate with Child Care Benefit applied (which ever works out cheapest.)